Santhana Ramaswami Temple : Santhana Ramaswami Temple Details | Santhana Ramaswami- Needamangalam | Tamilnadu Temple | சந்தான ராமசுவாமி
 
 
Advanced Search >>
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


Home >> Perumal > sri Santhana Ramaswami temple
 
  • Details
  • Path
  • Map
  • Photos
  • Near By Temple
  தமிழில் படிக்க »
Sri Santhana Ramaswami temple
 
[Image1]
 
 
 
Moolavar: Santhana Ramaswami
  Urchavar: Santhana Ramaswami
  Amman / Thayar: Mother Sita
  Thala Virutcham: Kalli Chappathi
  Theertham: Saketha Theertham (Ayodhya)
  Agamam / Pooja : Pancharatra
  Old year: 500 years old
  Historical Name: Neeradumangalam
  City: Needamangalam
  District: Tiruvarur
  State: Tamil Nadu
 
     
Singers:
     
   
     
 Festival:
     
  Sri Ramas Navami in March-April, Aadi Pooram boat festival in July-August, Aavani Pavithra Utsav in August-September, Purattasi Navarathri in September-October, Margazhi Adhyayana Utsav and Vaikunda Ekadasi in December-January are the festivals grandly celebrated in the temple.  
     
 Temple's Speciality:
     
  Neeradumangalam named after a bathing event of King Sarfoji with queen Yamunambal in the Saketha Theertham is now changed as Needamangalam.  
     
Opening Time:
   
  From 7.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. and from 5.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m.  
   
Address:
   
  Sri Santhana Ramaswami Temple, Needamangalam, Tiruvarur.  
   
Phone:
   
  +91 94448- 54208 
    
 General Information:
     
  Neeradumangalam named after a bathing event of King Sarfoji with queen Yamunambal in the Saketha Theertham is now changed as Needamangalam.
The temple is situated in the centre of the town.  Other temples in the town are on the east of this temple.  Three sides are covered with water sources from Vennaru and Korayaru rivers.  Saketha Pushkarani is named after Sakethapuri the other name of Ayodhya.  The temple has a Vasantha Mandap, front Mandap, flag post, Yagasalas, Balipeetas etc. in all the directions.  The idols of Alwars, Nikamanda Maha Desikan, Sri Garuda, Hanukan are installed in places according to scriptures.  Lord Santhana Ramaswami with Mother Sita and Brother Lakshmana graces from Thryanka Vimana sanctum sanctorum in standing form.  Thumbikkai Azhwar and Mother Durga are on the northern side.  The temple has two prakaras with a car stree outside.
Vadakalai Panchratra system is followed in the pujas.  The temple covers an area if 272 ft x 163 ft.  Sri Anjaneya has his own shrine.
 
     
Prayers
    
  Devotees pray to lord and Mother for child boon, prosperity and mental peace.  The devotee crowd is never less as this is place to realize these fortunes.
 
    
Thanks giving:
    
  Devotees bathe each month on the Rohini or Revathi star days in the holy tank and carry the idol-doll of Lord Sanathana Gopla and place it at the feet of presiding Lord.  
    
 Greatness Of Temple:
     
  Maharaja Pratapasimha hailing the Venkoji Maharaj who established the Maratha empire built two temples in Needamangalam with a rest house-choultry.  The chola region of Thanjavur district including Tiruvarur has its reputation of being linked to Kasi-Varanasi.  There are many poems and hymns by Azhwars add to the name and fame of he place.  This is a beloved temple to the heart of Maharaja Pratapa Simha.
 
     
  Temple History:
     
  Lord Vishnu appears to devotees in five forms called 1) Parathvam, 2) Vyooga), 3, Andharyamithvam, 4)Vavam and 5)Archa.
He is omnipresent in each every object and in the minds of humans and all creatures movable and immovable.  Yet, for the convenience and easy understanding of God, he is in the Archa form – idol form.  He appears to His devotees in standing, sitting and reclining forms.  The Presiding and Festival deities in this tempole are in standing forms.
The is said that the temple was built during the rule of Prataba Simha spanning from 1739 to 1763.  He has a history as majestic as he was in his holy life.       
 The samprokshanam of the temple was performed in the year 1924, Maha Samprokshanam in 1956 and the consecration in the year 2006.
 
     
Special Features:
     
  Miracle Based: Neeradumangalam named after a bathing event of King Sarfoji with queen Yamunambal in the Saketha Theertham is now changed as Needamangalam.
 
     
     
  Dinamalar Home Page   Temple Home Page
Copyright © 2020 www.dinamalar.com. All rights reserved.